During the pandemic, PNP considers it our highest priority to protect our patients and staff. We are constantly reviewing the most up-to-date guidance, including information from the CDC, WHO, and the American Academy of Pediatrics. Our physicians are part of Covid-Leadership teams on a hospital level and we are also following the guidance of local children’s hospitals.
We know that parents understand how important it is to have children seen for their well visits; to help ensure that immunizations are up-to-date, but also to assess growth, development and overall health. We wanted to share with you the safety measures that we are taking in our office, which are above and beyond what is recommended by the organizations previously mentioned.
These measures include, but are not limited to:
– Expanded use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for all personnel. When you come in, you’ll notice all of our staff wearing surgical masks. Staff that is working in close proximity with patients will be wearing expanded PPE, including gloves and surgical masks and disposable gowns if necessary.
– All patients and adults are being asked to wear masks in the office as well. We have staff assigned to the entrance of our offices ensuring compliance with masking. We are also limiting the adults to one adult per well visit when possible.
– We are limiting any use of the waiting room and are bringing patients immediately back into exam rooms. When needed, immunization and labs are being done in that exam room.
– We sanitize all of our rooms after each patient, as well as sanitizing all common touch points multiple times throughout each session. All rooms are cleaned and sanitized at the end of each session as well.
– We are separating well patients from sick patients. Sick patients with fever and or cold symptoms are being brought in at the end of a session to help reduce the possibility of an exposure. Any sick children are automatically escorted directly into a room, bypassing even the front desk and the door is closed.
We hope that these measures continue to reassure you. We will continue to do everything possible to ensure the safety of our patients and staff and we look forward to seeing your child in our office for their well visit.